Quality Assurance Series
Supplier & Raw Materials Management
Management of suppliers and raw materials have always been important, and it is even more important as it is right now. Today, food businesses source globally for raw materials and ingredients that can meet their price, quality, and risk criteria to remain competitive.
The globalisation of food supply chain is the new trend and potential new risks are evolving. Food safety and food fraud incidents that happened everyday requires enhanced checks and management of the supply chain.
Attendees will be able to gain detailed insight of the important consideration of supplier and raw materials management, from a food safety and quality perspective. These insights will allow them to be able to revolve assurance and approval to supply one or more products or raw materials. All these will also have impacts on the traceability, supplier audits and supplier non-conformity management.
- Overview of ISO22000 Supplier Management Programme
- Selection of Raw Materials
- Establishment of Product Specifications
- Conducting Supplier Evaluation and Approval
- Periodic Review of Approved Suppliers
- Conducting Incoming Inspection Checks
Who Should Attend
This course is designed and aimed for individuals in the food and business sectors responsible for food safety and quality assurance management.
It is also open to all individuals who are interested to work in the food industry.
This course does not have any pre-requisite units for entry.
It is recommended that individuals who have completed the Good Hygiene Practices and other Quality Assurance Programme to attend for a more complete understanding of food safety in the workplace.
Exam and Certification
- Participants will need to complete a three-hour live training and assessment at the end of the course.
- Participants will be required to achieve at least 80% of total marks in the assessment.
- An electronic Certificate of Completion will be awarded upon successful completion of the online assessment.