Quality Assurance Series
A food allergy is an immune system response to a food when it deems to be harmful, which can be life threatening to many. Thus, implementing an effective food allergen management will improve the quality of life for allergenic consumers.
Individuals and companies in the food industry will benefit from this course by looking into areas to develop a holistic allergen management system and procedures that will be able to meet the requirements of legislation and certification standards.
Common allergens and intolerance will be identified by attendees through learning different roles by ensuring that food ingredients and allergens are effectively managed at all stages from food purchasing, food production to food labeling. Participants will also learn to communicate ingredient information accurately, be it information from raw materials, or its finished product.
- Identification of Allergens
- Introduction of Allergens into Processes
- Allergen Risk Assessment and Control Management
- Importance of Product Labelling and Declaration
- Allergen Training and Education
Who Should Attend
This course is designed and aimed for individuals in the food and business sectors responsible for food safety, research and development and quality assurance management.
Given the critical nature of allergen control, it is also open to all individuals who are interested to work in the food industry.
This course does not have any pre-requisite units for entry.
It is recommended that individuals who have completed the Good Hygiene Practices and other Quality Assurance Programme courses to attend.
Exam and Certification
- Participants will need to complete a three-hour live training and assessment at the end of the course.
- Participants will be required to achieve at least 80% of total marks in the assessment.
- An electronic Certificate of Completion will be awarded upon successful completion of the online assessment.